The budget allocation is agreed between our school and the Local Authority at the beginning of each financial year. Detail of how this money is used to support children and young people with SEND is shown below.
This is monitored each term by the Governing Body. Full details about the way in which funding is allocated to schools for special educational needs provision can be found here:
At Bowburn Infant and Nursery School, our notional SEN budget amount for 2016-2017 is £54,261.25p This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Providing social and emotional support through the ‘communicating with children’ programme.
- Individual reading support
- Individual and small group speech and language intervention.
- Individual support during playtime and lunchtime
- Individual support during whole class teaching time.
- Support to work towards individual targets.
- Small group intervention activities to develop skills in English and Maths.
- Deliver small group social activities (box of feelings, talk about, getting along programme)
- PSA 1-1 well being sessions
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes. A Costed Provision Map will be developed in liaison with the child, young person, parent or carer. An example of a costed provision map can be found here: Link to Costed Provision Map
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.